Welcome to Centrepoint
Strategically located in the heart of downtown across from the MTS Centre and home of the Winnipeg Jets, Centrepoint is designed with Winnipeg’s rich history in mind.
Centrepoint is a ground-breaking mixed use development fronting Portage Avenue between Donald Street and Hargrave Street, directly across from the MTS Centre – the home of the Winnipeg Jets. Covering one city block, this 20-storey, 200,000 square foot signature downtown tower includes a 154-room boutique hotel, two unique restaurants with patios, four floors of Class ‘A’ office space and a 400+ stall parkade.
The project is being jointly developed by Longboat Development Corporation and Artis REIT in the heart of the newly appointed Sports Hospitality and Entertainment District (SHED)
Centrepoint is surrounded by established businesses and will be the first step in the creation of the SHED.
The home of the Winnipeg Jets will bring crowds of over 15,000 to every home game plus many more gathering in the surrounding restaurants and lounges. Together with concerts and special events at the MTS Centre and other nearby downtown venues.
- Concourse/walkway connectivity just outside Centrepoint door – Winnipeg’s downtown skywalk system connects 38 buildings together, including the MTS Centre, the Millennium library, the Winnipeg Convention Centre and a myriad of shopping centers, offices, hotels and restaurants
- Winnipeg’s downtown is experiencing tremendous residential growth, with developments such as Waterfront Drive condominiums and residences on York
- Shaw baseball park is home to the american association’s Winnipeg Goldeyes, who welcome over 300,000 fans each year
- The Canadian Museum for Human Rights is scheduled to open in 2012 and will be the first national museum based outside of Ottawa
- The Winnipeg Convention Centre is set to undergo an expansion that will increase its size to 260,000 square feet of rentable space making it the fourth largest publicly owned convention centre in the country
- The Forks is Winnipeg’s premier tourist destination, attracting four million visitors each year to a 54 acre site, and is a beacon of history and culture.
The Winnipeg Census Metropolitan area is home to over 725,000 residents. Downtown Winnipeg has seen significant changes over the past decade and is continuing to grow and attract new businesses and residents.
CentreVenture Development Corporation has been instrumental in this growth. CentreVenture is an arms-length agency of the City of Winnipeg, is an advocate and catalyst for business investment, development and economic growth in downtown Winnipeg. CentreVenture’s staff, under the guidance of a volunteer, private-sector board of directors, develops and implements strategies to identify and capitalize on economic, physical and social development opportunities in Winnipeg’s downtown (www.centreventure.com).
In September 2010, City Council endorsed the Portage Avenue Development Strategy, prepared by CentreVenture in collaboration with the Downtown Council. Key elements in the new “action plan” for Portage Avenue include:
- Increasing density in the downtown by dividing the area around Portage into four districts:
- The University of Winnipeg District;
- The Retail District;
- The Sports and Entertainment District (the SHED), and;
- The Commercial Office District.
- Concentrate most future retail development on Portage and Graham Avenues between the MTS Centre and The Bay.
- Tie the University of Winnipeg into the Portage re-development by extending the pedestrian skywalk system westward from the Investors Group building to the university campus.
- Bolster the University of Manitoba’s presence downtown.
- Seek to have the area around downtown Portage designated as the city’s first tax increment financing zone (TIF).
Longboat Development Corporation (LDC) is a Winnipeg-based real estate development and project management company with experience in commercial, residential, institutional, and industrial properties. As the real estate development arm of the Stevenson Group, Longboat has a long history of successful development projects in the Winnipeg market. Past projects have ranged from small sites to developments over 100 acres, and have included multiple and single-family residential, commercial and industrial developments. As the developer of The Oaks, LDC is excited to introduce Manitou Oaks.
Artis REIT (TSX: AX.UN) is an unincorporated closed-ended real estate investment trust primarily focused on creating value for Unitholders through the investment in and ownership of quality commercial properties in select markets.
Artis REIT’s portfolio is comprised of industrial, retail, and office space in Canada and the United States.
Centrepoint is strategically located in the heart of the SHED in downtown Winnipeg.
Leasable space has filled rapidly in the podium space on Portage Avenue. Two restaurants occupy the main floor and Stantec architecture has leased the majority of the office space.
Cushman & Wakefield
Unit 200, 260 St. Mary Avenue
Phone: (204) 956-1901